Tuesday, November 1, 2011

If you don't like the weather, wait 10 minutes

I love fall, and we were blessed to have a vivid and drawn out season this year. Most of our days were 70-80 degrees, sunny and gorgeous. It made for good walks around the park and neighborhood.



Hokie-themed trees are my favorite :)

However, in typical Denver fashion, fall/winter came fast and furious. 



The beautiful fall photos were taken Sunday. On Wednesday, the power went out 10 minutes into seeing my patient. When a few hours had passed with no improvement, clinic was cancelled for the remainder of the day. I do still wonder why my psychic snow-anxious patient did not see this coming. She could have saved herself some serious distress coming into clinic that day. Anyways, I drove home fantasizing about sipping hot chocolate in my pi's and studying the rest of the day, only to be greeted by Tree Massacre 2011 in my backyard....trees on the detached garage, trees on the fence, 15-ft trees just hanging out in the yard. 

And let's not forget the tree limb that fell on the power line and broke my meter. 


6 days later, and the trees and power line were finally fixed today (just in time for tomorrow's snowstorm). And of course, as we've learned with everything with this 100-yr old house, none of these repairs are ever as seamless as they appear. Ay yi yi. However, I am very grateful that I didn't lose power and could stay in my house all night. The night turned around when my dental hygiene big sib came over for dinner and we whipped up an amazing dinner of salmon, mushroom risotto, homemade tomato basil soup (Recipe Here) and pinot grigio. It was so wonderful to catch up and laugh after an insane day. Thanks, Sarah! 

No comments: