Friday, May 20, 2011

Bachelorette, Beers and Boats


The Bay Cottage
I had the pleasure of spending this past weekend in St. Michaels, MD with some of my favorite girlfriends. It was Courtney's bachelorette party and we all had such a blast. I was so excited to celebrate Courtney - she is such an phenomenal woman and the kindest, most generous friend - we couldn't wait to send her off into married life in style! I am in love with St. Michaels. Brooke and I had researched literally every city in the US as a possible destination. Right after we decided on our 20th location, Brooke mentioned she'd heard a lot of positive things about St. Michaels. We googled it and immeidately knew it was the one! A quaint little town with mom and pop shops, houses on the water and more importantly, BOATS! We knew it would be the perfect site for our weekend of being outside, celebrating Courtney and oh yes - that there HAD to be sailing.
Impromptu dance party at the house - love me some Courtney and Bon Jovi!
Hanging out at our house
Let's Celebrate!
We had the best weekend - lots of dancing, great conversations and bonding with the girls. We showered Courtney with lots of fun gifts and everyone cooked delicious meals. We even managed to pull off the champagne boat charter surprise. Courtney was very excited when her "pirate ship" pulled up to our dock! Captain Ed was fantastic and took us on a wonderful sail. I think Jill found her calling as the First Mate.

Cheers to our Bachelorette!
Jill giving Capt Ed a hand

Bullock sisters

"In on a boat! Got my flippy floppies"
After the boat ride, we had a great dinner out and then hit the town. We were very lucky that the rain held off all weekend until we arrived at our last bar and then it poured. Fortunately, we were rocking out to the live band by that point and it didn't dampen any plans. The Bachelorette Party was the talk of the town and people had waited on their barstools all day for us to show up. Everyone in that town loves to dance and have a great time, which was a perfect match for us.



The only downside is that it made me realize how much I really really miss my girlfriends. Courtney and I met our freshman year at Virginia Tech. We became instant friends and went on to be sorority sisters and roommates for the next 3 years. Most of the other girls are also sorority sisters from college. We've been friends for so long that it's just a simple and comfortable friendship. No matter where we are or what we're doing, we manage to have the best time. Thank you, girls, for such a fun weekend! I always have the best time with you. I will continue to hold out hope that one day, everyone I love will be in one city. Or at least the same state. Ok, driving distance.

No comments: