Sunday, October 23, 2011

Carter's ODS Graduation!

Recently, Carter and I were reunited after the longest 5 weeks apart. While he was in residency, he was in the Navy Reserves. After taking boards in August, he became active duty and left for Newport, RI for Officer Development School. Even though our relationship was bi-coastal in the beginning stages of dating, we'd never spent 5 weeks apart. I lucked out that Nichole was here the first weekend Carter was gone. After bawling my eyes out at the airport, it was so nice to come home to Nichole and have a great time together. I have so much respect for families who go through deployments. I thought 5 weeks was tough! I am so grateful to my dog for keeping me company and all the friends and family that checked up on me. You guys made it so much easier! The first night Carter was gone, I was sleeping and felt something by my head. I was in such a deep sleep that I thought it was Carter and reached over to hold his hand. I was very startled when I realized it was furry with claws. Yes, my sweet 85 lb dog was spooning me. How cute is that?

Although ODS was extremely regimented and Carter and I could barely even talk on the phone the first couple of weeks, family was able to fly in for graduation. He looked so handsome in his full dress blues and the ceremony was quite moving. I am so proud of him!






Following the graduation ceremony, Carter gave us a quick tour of the base then we headed into Newport for lunch with the family. It was so great to see Hob, Mary and Richard. A very wonderful, albeit short trip! Next stop for Carter and I: NYC!

2 comments:

cheryl denise said...

Congrats Carter!!!

Elizabeth said...

Congrats Carter! So glad you two are reunited - have fun in NYC! xoxo