Friday, September 16, 2011

Top 5 Things I'm Obsessed With This Week

1. The NAVY! Starting this past week, Carter is officially active duty. He is now Lieutenant Sigmon and looking forward to treating veterans.

2. Acupuncture. I have been wanting to try this for years but never got around to finding a good place to go plus I wasn't sure how I'd handle seeing needles coming out of my arms and legs. I went in for my second visit this week and am feeling a pending addiction. I never thought laying in a chair for an hour with needles stuck all over my body would be so relaxing I'd fall asleep. However, I did pierce my own ear (twice) during my teen angst days so apparently there is no trypanophobia here.

3. Cast Iron Skillets. Carter bought a cast iron skillet last summer. It's been used once. For some reason, this piece of cookware seemed very intimidating to me. Maybe the fact that it weighs about 15 pounds had something to do with it. Tonight, I made a deeeelicious sea bass in the cast iron skillet and it was one of the best things I've ever made. For the recipe, go here. I can't stand any heat at all in food so I simplified the recipe a bit. I put a little sea salt and cinnamon on the sea bass, rolled it in almond flour, cooked it in butter in the skillet for 3-4 minutes on each side. The cinnamon-y crusty layer was perfect. Extra bonus is the house smells like warm french toast afterwards. This skillet is my new best friend.

4. Surprises. Especially when your husband plans something special. Love it.

5. Killing spiders. Yup, I decided it's time to put on my big girl pants and at 30 years old, start killing spiders myself instead of shrieking and running away. I got 2 this week alone, and didn't even use the vacuum attachment to do the dirty work. The war is on, you freakish little eight legged creatures.

1 comment:

cheryl denise said...

i've always wanted to try acupuncture as well - good to hear some positive feedback about it.

a peek of chic