Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Springtime for Sigmon's

We have been celebrating the arrival of spring; watching for the signs as each day more flowers bloom and unfold. The dogwood in our front yard is blossoming, the daffodils and tulips are coming up. I even saw the paddleboats being unloaded from storage at City Park the other day. I love everything about spring. Here are the ways the Sigmon's celebrate the arrival of spring:

1) Celebrating Renewal: Carter and I got a slammin' Travelzoo spa deal for the new Four Seasons downtown. By the way, if you're not signed up for Living Social, Groupon and Travelzoo, you are missing out! We got there early to workout and check out the facilities. I love spa days and soak up the entire experience. The hotel opened a few months ago, so everything was brand new and still smelled of paint. Yum! The gym overlooked a terrace with a pool, cabanas, fire pit, bar, etc. It looks like it will be a lot of fun when the weather gets a little nicer. The locker rooms were fantastic. The best part was the shower, where there were 6 - yes, 6 - shower nozzles coming from all directions. I could have stayed in there all day. Our spa deal was for a 30 minute bath soak in a private suite followed by a 90 minute couples massage. DIVINE! When we got to our suite, there was a plate of chocolate covered strawberries and two glasses of champagne. The bath soak was a great prelude to the massage and was so nice to relax with the lights dimmed, listening to meditative music and sipping champagne with my love (don't worry, I won't go all Tamara Barney on you! ;). The massage was phenomenal! My neck and back have been very angry with me. I love a good massage and Meg did an expert job of getting out all of the knots. I just love the feeling of all of the knots breaking up - ahhh :) The Four Seasons might become my new favorite Denver spa. I think I should go back soon, just to confirm.


2) Enjoying Springtime Fragrance: I love how my dog always sniffs flowers. She's my little Ferdinand. She is very camera shy and I can never snap a picture of it fast enough, but she loves to stick her face in the middle of a patch of blossoms. She also tries walking into the flower shop on 12th and Madison everytime we go by. I wasn't paying attention the other day and she just pranced on in. It's so cute how she just wants to smell the blossoms.


3) Cruel Summer: And just when I'm rejoicing over record breaking 85 degree temperatures, the need to buy more sunscreen, being able to bathe Tally outside and loving up spring, Denver reminds me of its cruel sense of humor - 50 degree temperature changes within 12 hours. Saturday: 85 degrees and gorgeous. Sunday: 40 degrees, windy, sleety and snowy. Boo. The good news is that we'll change back to nice weather just as quickly. Bring it!

4) New Beginnings: We have finally learned where the Sigmon's will be spending the next chapter of our lives. We have loved our 4 years in Colorado and will be sad to leave. Over the next year, we will be phasing out of Denver and then, off to San Diego for 4 years!

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

San Diego! Wow - so exciting! Your parents must be thrilled! Want to visit you soon! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Sad it's not baltimore, but I San diego is second best for sure. Congrats!!

Jenny and Doug said...

That's so great about San Diego! Miss yall!!

L MCCLELLAND said...

I'm sure your family is so happy! I'm jealous of the amazing weather you will have there!